Midwest iCrate Experience?

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any experience with Midwest iCrate folding cages and/or with the service at petstreetmall?

My kitties have been giving each other problems at feeding time lately - whacking each other and stealing food off their housemates' plates - so I'm kicking around the idea of crating them at meals.

I'm looking at purchasing seven of the 22" cages, which'll be a chunk of change. Here's a link to the cages I'm contemplating: http://www.petstreetmall.com/Dog-Crates/

Any thoughts as to their quality, etc., would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

AC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just ordered six (not seven! does not knowing how many cats you have qualify one as a crazy cat lady?) Midwest Lifestages 22"L x 13"W x 16"H crates from Amazon.com for *gulp* nearly $250.

There were other vendors who cost less (including petstreetmall) but, for that kind of money, I had to go with one I could trust.

Sheez, these cats better take to being crated during meal times or I'm agonna be one unhappy momma. *eye roll*

AC

PS Does anyone on this site crate their cats?

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ouch.

I read this post yesterday but didn't have anything to add because I have never tried crating my cats. I would worry they would stress about it and refuse to eat. I hope you can get them crate trained in a hurry.

Oh and your UPS guy is going to hate you. Possibly forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Ouch.

I read this post yesterday but didn't have anything to add because I have never tried crating my cats. I would worry they would stress about it and refuse to eat. I hope you can get them crate trained in a hurry.
Ouch, indeed! I've spent considerably less on their climbing trees. *sigh*

The actual training itself will be at the pace of the kitties. First, I'll set the crates out, then throw treats in them and let the cats' natural curiosity lead them in and out. Then I'll just leave them open for a few days to let the kitties get used to having them in the kitchen while they're eating, every now and again dropping treats inside so they get comfortable with the whole eating inside the crate concept, eventually moving the plates with their food into the crates.

None of the kitties have issues with the vet carrier, so I'm hoping they won't with meal crating. All fingers and toes crossed, anyways.

Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Oh and your UPS guy is going to hate you. Possibly forever.
LOL!!!! Thank goodness I was only drinking water!!! My keyboard should dry out just fine, eventually!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use the big 48 incher for both cats and dogs... Midwest is solid quality for the $$$.... I prefer my older than me heavy duty show crate( extra latches to prevent exscape)... Yes Sylvie has exscaped the midwest and nylabone( ie bought within the last3 yrs)... the nylabones I love for cats ...

Punky has taken to napping and sleeping in a crate, of course he hates the real carrier