Midnight has been pooing in the house

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Disclaimer: I have a very bad sense of smell. I have to have something under my nose to smell it.

Midnight has been mostly good and using her litter, but recently i have found that she had been pooing and peeing around the flat.  I wonder whether this is because she might be in heat.

I am very concerned about this- she is sweet and gentle and very affectionate lately... she eats well, she seems ok but I have been under a lot of stress lately and maybe she is feeling it too?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cats will definitely pick up on stress, but there could also be a medical reason, so first step is a health check.

I think Midnight is about 5 months old now?  She could be spayed at this age, but it's unlikely that is what is causing this problem. (but once she's health-checked why not book her in?)

Remember to clean up any accidents really thoroughly.. and there's no point relying on a human's sense of smell, no matter how good!  Here's the link for thorough cleaning:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-remove-cat-urine

I'm sure you're keeping the litter really clean. You may find that she'll respond to two litter boxes as many cats don't like to wee where they poo and she may just have decided she's one of them.

Try some flower essences to calm her (and you could try some yourself!).