midnight eats salad

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't be too concerned. A nutritionist (for humans) I saw routinely gave her Abyssinian raw green beans and melon on a regular basis.
Now, cats have no need for any kind of vegetable or fruit, except maybe pumpkin if constipated.
If she starts to eat non-edible substances like clay or socks, then you may have problem with pica.
That said, onion and garlic and raisins are toxic to cats. And I'd be concerned if she ingested an olive with a pit in it.
SO, while she may not be sick, I wouldn't leave out the salad bowl. And, watch for other unusual behaviors or food cravings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no, was just lettuce and onions and she didnt touch the onions but ate loads of lettuce.

speaking of olives- my old cat Morisu Mitzu PIsu went insane about olive pits- he would lick them- not swallow then act as if on catnip.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Not sick, but a little glutton like Mogli, who will eat anything but bananas, including uncooked pasta. We have to get the table cleared immediately, have cabinet doors child-proofed, and now have items in the pantry stored in plastic containers with clip-on lids.

You'll have to be careful she doesn't eat anything that could make her sick, but washed lettuce is okay.

lon1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can have some crazy food preferences sometimes. Most cats I have been around love a scrap of meat or cheese, but my big 17 lb. black cat Archie will have none of those things, with the exception of tuna. The only other "people food" he will eat is spaghetti, peas, and green beans...which is suppose is good that he is fussy about people food because he shouldn't eat it anyways at his weight. He will actually sit and wait everytime I have spaghetti to get a small bit for himself when I am finished. This is like a once a month treat for him as I do not like to give him people food often at his weight. What is really funny is the other two cats who like the typical things like pieces of meat and cheese, and little else, have started eating spaghetti now because he does. Maybe this is where the term "copy cat" comes from, because the 3 of them always copy each other's funny little habits.