Midi (Midnight) says hello

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The old boy still has it. Last night we were both on the couch  and the next thing I know Midi dove off the couch and ran behind the speaker, when he showed his face again he had a mouse in his mouth. Thankfully it was a quick kill. He spent the next five minutes throwing  it in the air and bat it around the house; ugh. You should have seen how proud he was. 

Poor mouse, it was a special kind of stupid that one.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
And of course you told Midi how special he was and what a brave hunter all the time trying to visualize a way to transport said mouse to a secured garbage bag.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to find some pliers and once I distracted him I was able to take care of it. Poor guy was looking for his mouse for quite a while.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
OMG.  That adorable face!  You hope you realize that old greying face has completely charmed me.  And he has such a look of sweet dignity about him.  

teacookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Margd just linked me to this thread in another topic and I am fascinated by the white patterns on Midi's face, they're so perfectly balanced! However have you ever considered he might actually have vitiligo?

It seems to be a very rare condition, I stumbled upon it while googling the white patch that occurred on my black cat recently.

Check out this cat, seems a little more drastic but also kind of similar?

http://www.lovemeow.com/cats-coat-has-changed-drastically-over-the-years-1948653400.html

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margd just linked me to this thread in another topic and I am fascinated by the white patterns on Midi's face, they're so perfectly balanced! However have you ever considered he might actually have vitiligo?

It seems to be a very rare condition, I stumbled upon it while googling the white patch that occurred on my black cat recently.

Check out this cat, seems a little more drastic but also kind of similar?

http://www.lovemeow.com/cats-coat-has-changed-drastically-over-the-years-1948653400.html
When he was at the vet I asked him about that and he said he has seen cats grey up with age but it is not common. He didn't mention anything about Vitiligo. 

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric,

You have a beautiful cat. My cat Rascal has a white patch on his belly too. It's really cool. At four years old he is still really active. More active than his brother Shadow who is much larger than he is. I have always thought that Rascal was the smallest in the litter, but who really knows. He even weighs less than Shadow who tops the scales at almost 12 pounds. Rascal is about 9 pounds. A lightweight. But they are both really sweet cats. Thanks for posting those pictures of your cat.