Mice in the walls

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We (kitties & I) are going nuts with the sounds of mice in the walls. OMG what do you do? There is no entrance that we can see but maybe it's outside? We have those noise plug ins in the kitchen and dining room which is just above where I hear the noise. Unfortunately the spot is next to my desk and it was scaring me last night.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eek I'd be worried about the wiring. We had that a few years ago and of course the cats went bananas. The noises stopped of there own accord so we never found out what was causing it, but ignoring it until it goes away is not really a good response! If you can take a good look around outside I would do so. Can you get some more of those plugins? Maybe put them all over the house to drive off the rodents? Or knock a big hole in the wall and let a cat in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Eek I'd be worried about the wiring. We had that a few years ago and of course the cats went bananas. The noises stopped of there own accord so we never found out what was causing it, but ignoring it until it goes away is not really a good response! If you can take a good look around outside I would do so. Can you get some more of those plugins? Maybe put them all over the house to drive off the rodents? Or knock a big hole in the wall and let a cat in.
Haha love the last idea. The wall is shared with a neighbor so we can't see anything outside. I know the water pipes are in there. Kinda sounds like it (they) fell off the pipe and are stuck in this corner with no escape. I didn't think about the wires. YIKES! Not sure I have a free spot in the surge protector by my desk. Odd thing about where they are, there aren't outlets on that side. We think they get in through my neighbors porch but they haven't seen any and the wife was very freaked out over the idea. We only saw a live one once. It didn't live long. lol

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always have mice in the walls - if any get out they get caught! I had to polyfill several holes last week in the cottage - a tenant woke up and saw two mice on her bed. Luckily she was country bred and didn't freak out, but it is not nice. I put eco-poison inside the wall before refilling it. I couldn't lend her a cat - I had had to keep the cats out of the cottage for several weeks as this particular tenant was allergic. You can't have it both ways.