Mia is a siamese but...

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia is a Siamese but I am not very sure if she is a seal point or chocolate point. Can you please help me?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Mia is a Siamese but I am not very sure if she is a seal point or chocolate point. Can you please help me?
A couple of good pics are always welcome.  Anyways,  the oloration of siameses and other pointed cats, is taken from the darkest place on their points, ie in practice, the backside of the ears and the tail.  The face is less reliable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Stefan for replying, I posted on " show me your eyes" but now I can't upload, I am having pc problem again.

I will try to upload again here...Okay it works, thank goodness...please help me :-)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the picture is a little on the blue side, but she does look more seal to me.  If you have a photo with very clear colors, that will help.  I could easily be wrong at this point.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That dark seems very black  to me.  He is surely a seal point.   Observe, he will get quite a darker with years. He will never become all over black, but his body will get noticeably darker when he is a senior citizen.

The looks are very siamese, a good old type siamese.  Or Thai as they are sometimes called.   If you had papers and certificates, you could surely partiipate in shows with good results.

OR a modern type show siamese Ancestor not far ago, perhaps a parent.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Stefan, I really appreciate your help  :-)

I am happy, I really wanted a seal point. (all Siamese are equally great point too)

She is precious to Macha :-)

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

That dark seems very black  to me.  He is surely a seal point.   Observe, he will get quite a darker with years. He will never become all over black, but his body will get noticeably darker when he is a senior citizen.

The looks are very siamese, a good old type siamese.  Or Thai as they are sometimes called.   If you had papers and certificates, you could surely partiipate in shows with good results.

OR a modern type show siamese Ancestor not far ago, perhaps a parent.
I agree,  He appears to be both a classic Siamese, and a classic seal point.  He's very "type-y.  And a cutie-pie, to boot!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stefan is really good and you Mamanyt you were right as well.

Thank you both :-)

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Lisa and Mia is only three months :-)

She is very tiny Siamese cat, she eats alot  though and hoping she will gain weight soon. :-)