Meow Mix wet food

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

So what I got from that is don't store canned food in the can when refridgerated, avoid by products, and limit the amount fish flavored food.
and dont by the kind in pop-top cans ), if you believe the article

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Little confused about the "canned food with pop-tops causes cancer" thing... It's not cancer, it's hyperthyroidism caused by a benign tumor.
you must have been writing this while i was posting the link and corrected myself, just had it mixed up, sorry.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am convinced that cats run the Meow Mix Pouches company.

Sadie and Dexter are crazy over them.
So as not to over do....they share a pouch a day as a kind of big snack.
I have never seen them love a food so much.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are my cats weird? The like the meow mix wet but don't go crazy.. They don't usually finish it either.. Of course they don't like any wet food that might be good for them.. and they have never been huge fish fans. Someone must have told them that meow mix is actually a decent food.. We have it once inawhile over here.

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if maybe my sickly Boo is allergic to fish after reading this thread. I'm trying him on chicken based foods for now and he just seems to like them better, though not much.

I picked up some packets of whiskas wet in the packets because I got the brand names confused.

whiskas pouches say to feed a five pound cat 1 1/2 pouches twice a day and ...get this...

Feed kittens up to three pouches per feeding, 3 times a day!!! (Nine ounces per pounch....)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

There are more desirable foods, but my Abby won't eat them. She sticks up her little nose at most, and will only lick the gravy on the Nutro pouches. She will eat the meow mix pouches, and also gets Innova Evo dry to balance it all out.
i mix i meow mix tubs with the chicken soup wet, & feed the chicken soup dry for my dry eaters. pure high quality food tends to give Cable the runs.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

There are more desirable foods, but my Abby won't eat them. She sticks up her little nose at most, and will only lick the gravy on the Nutro pouches. She will eat the meow mix pouches, and also gets Innova Evo dry to balance it all out.
Ginger is exactly the same way. I do alternate the Meow Mix with FF, but because the Pet Gold is pate style only, Ginger won't touch the stuff.