MEN! Cant' live with 'em, can't live without 'em....

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, yeah, I'm on my soapbox again...will someone explain to me why a reasonably intelligent person won't listen to another reasonably intelligent person? Case in point...hub has been up since 8 last night.....needs to be up at midnight tonight, but refuses to go home and go to bed......has totally pissed me off, 'cause I worry about him....don't want him sick or dying of a heart attack on me or something, ....but he won't listen to me, just gets mad 'cause I begged him to go home and at least rest for a bit......think I'm going to kill him and be done with it.....

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But you should know he's a big strong hubby - therefore he's invincible.
That seems to be the way it works with my hubby anyway. Unless he has a cold that is
then we all have to tend to his every desperate need! Bless him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

But you should know he's a big strong hubby - therefore he's invincible.
That seems to be the way it works with my hubby anyway. Unless he has a cold that is
then we all have to tend to his every desperate need! Bless him
Lol, you'd think after 15 years I'd know that, NOT! True enough about the cold too, lol! BTW, love your new siggy!

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
You may not want this advice, but I think this is valid in any relationship, straight, gay or whatever, don't act like a mother or father in your relationship. He is a grown man, even if he does not act like one (lol) you are not his mother, but his spouse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

You may not want this advice, but I think this is valid in any relationship, straight, gay or whatever, don't act like a mother or father in your relationship. He is a grown man, even if he does not act like one (lol) you are not his mother, but his spouse.
Thanks.....honestly though it's not really mothering....more like nagging b***hy wife.....ugh.....

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

honestly though it's not really mothering....more like nagging b***hy wife.....ugh.....
Oh, I understand that feeling. My BF sometimes stays at work until 4am and it just makes me angry...

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Lol, yeah, I'm on my soapbox again...will someone explain to me why a reasonably intelligent person won't listen to another reasonably intelligent person? Case in point...hub has been up since 8 last night.....needs to be up at midnight tonight, but refuses to go home and go to bed......has totally pissed me off, 'cause I worry about him....don't want him sick or dying of a heart attack on me or something, ....but he won't listen to me, just gets mad 'cause I begged him to go home and at least rest for a bit......think I'm going to kill him and be done with it.....
Should we all start saving for bail money now?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Barbara here Cindy. Just let him get on with it, then when he starts to come down with colds etc... because his immune systems flat you can say " I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just print this out and show him that there are others that agree with you!!!
Could you set up a cot at work????
I'll send some bail money if needed too.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy - My friends husband does this (owns his own business, too) It's especially though when you are in your first year, I understand. Maybe you could tell him how sad you are that you cannot spend time together ?
If he still doesn't care, then kick his butt