Memorial Day Cats Remembered

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: What an amazing article. You hear so much about dogs and their roles with regiments but this news is wonderful. Of course we cat-people should not be surprised to see the wonderful contributions felines have made but it is great to see some of their stories and photographs showing the amazing bonds that helped people to get through the most difficult situations.
Thank you for sharing Stinky15 Stinky15

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ My uncle Raymond had a service dog while in the Army ( WW2) - a beautiful German Shepherd. He returned home with with it . I remember my mother telling us about it , and how despondent her brother was when that dog/companion died.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoyed the pictures! Great article. Thanks for posting! People adopt cats not just because they are sweet and loving, but because they are working animals. They keep pests down in my home, too, though they've only caught one mouse here!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoyed the pictures! Great article. Thanks for posting! People adopt cats not just because they are sweet and loving, but because they are working animals. They keep pests down in my home, too, though they've only caught one mouse here!
That mouse sent out an SOS to his buddies and they fled the coop :thumbsup:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the article.

My pest control cat only had caught moths, flies and small ?mosquitos? .... however he is young and is training to nab that smack talking squirrel in his back yard

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very cool article and also some very good pictures. I'm sure that all of those cats were very loved and spoiled by the soldiers!