Meet Zelda!

mel_why_ssa

Cat Lady with Dogs
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey TCS! Just wanted to formally introduce everyone to the newest addition to our clan as of yesterday, Zelda! (pics at the bottom)

She was born November 7th, 2018 and is 8.5 weeks old, 2.2 lb, Tortie/Gray Tabbie Mix. She had a rough day yesterday. She went on her first car ride in a carrier, which lasted 45 minutes. She was pretty quiet most of the way, with a few super cute mews, and she listened the the Greatest Showman soundtrack with me. She also had her first vet visit, was vaccinated, had blood drawn (FeLV and FIV test), and got some really yucky dewormer shoved into her mouth. Then, she was taken to this big, new house with two dogs (what the heck are those smelly things?!) and two big, unfamiliar male cats. She had a rough day, to say the least, but it will give her character haha. She is now doing very well. She is still a bit afraid of the dogs, but she no longer hisses at them on sight, only when they get too close for her comfort.

Pikachu (black cat, 11 y.o.) growls at her mostly, but gave her a few chirps today when he thought I wasn't watching (yeah right, Pika!) :flail: He's a little bothered overall, but he is still playing and acting the same towards us humans.

Tangerine (white cat, 7 y.o.) likes to follow her around. He hisses at her when she crosses a line and he seems confused when she hisses back at him. I think he's going to be a good big brother and teach her feline manners. I'm happy that they are doing well together, because I'm hoping Zelda's energy will give him a good outlet to keep him from pestering Pikachu. :itslove:

Sir Lancelot (black 65 lb dog, 6 y.o.) is unsure of her. He doesn't understand why she hissed and growled at him, and I think it hurt his feelings :lol:

Falquorra aka Quorra, (brown 45 lb dog, 5 y.o.) just wants to lick her face off and doesn't seem the least bit bothered by her hissing and growling, although Quorra keeps her distance. I think they are going to be buddies. :hyper:

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.55.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.56.02 AM.png