Meet Shia my pregnant baby :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nothing yet still she is pretty much permanently in this position (see pic) today in her usual spot at the bathroom door, apart from when Mylo keeps coming in to play with her, he just jumped in and pinned her to the floor which worries me in case he hurts the kittens, she did growl at him and he backed off but I dunno hes acting a lot more playful with her at the moment, don't want the kittens to get hurt in the wrestling.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should separate Mylo from her at this point. She won't be in the mood for rough playing for a while now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, please separate yoyr animals. Mama kitty is not in the mood!

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay so I THINK its beginning, I'm going to add a video but basically I just sat with her for a bit before school run she was looking uncomfortable and struggling to fall asleep, as I sat with her she was enjoying the cuddles but seemed a bit off constantly moving, getting belly rubs jumping at her foof (vagina) i looked at it was pulsating, so i guessed she was going into labour from that, after a while i stood up to leave for school run and she absolutely freaked out, started crying like mad at me, so i sat back down to sit with her and she got on my lap to make sure I couldn't get up again, my friend walked in, she has no idea who my friend is so she began growling and shaking in fear but still refused to get off my lap, eventually i had to carry her off me as she wouldnt get off with persuasion cos I had to pick my kids up, she was crying as I left, absolutely broke my heart, I'm now home and laying in bed with her shes breathing fast and keeps making the same noises as in the video, she hasn't chosen a nesting spot yet still though its just where ever i am she has to be right by my side, I'm not allowed to leave her! I'm scared.

will add video once its finished uploading

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

that little paw shake :(

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so sweet.  She is scared and wants you with her.  I hope you can sit with her when you get back with the kids.  I'd plan on ordering pizza for dinner tonight.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

She is so sweet.  She is scared and wants you with her.  I hope you can sit with her when you get back with the kids.  I'd plan on ordering pizza for dinner tonight.
thats what I thought which is why I didn't want to leave we've been laying in bed together since we got home although my dad just came round to borrow my sat nav and shes now hiding under the bed, she seems a lot calmer now, no idea what to think D:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing a great job!! Just continue what you're doing, Everything will go just fine. I know it is hard when you are dealing with animals and can't have a "conversation" as such. But, on the other hand, cats are very telling with their body language and the more you get to know them, not so hard to figure out what is going on with them. You are doing great, the time is near, and just imagine we all are right there with you!! You know, with modern technology of the computer, we are REALLY there with you of sorts. SMILES to you!!!

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's times like this I wish I could email my famous chicken spaghetti to people. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Pizza sounds like an awesome idea though. Anything that can limit your time away from her. I can sure tell she loves you. [emoji]128149[/emoji]

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's times like this I wish I could email my famous chicken spaghetti to people. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Pizza sounds like an awesome idea though. Anything that can limit your time away from her. I can sure tell she loves you. [emoji]128149[/emoji]
i got pizza and kebab meat and chips on the way xD 

she has seriously calmed down though so i guess it was a false alarm, oh the pure panic I felt though, not sure how I'm going to react when it properly happens ha 

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think shes losing hre mucus plug, is it normal for it to be brown?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it can be yellowish or brownish, probably some dried blood on it. Sounds like things are moving right along! Food delivery was a great idea! You could be at this all night long.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think shes losing hre mucus plug, is it normal for it to be brown?
Yes, it can be yellowish or brownish, probably some dried blood on it. Sounds like things are moving right along! Food delivery was a great idea! You could be at this all night long.
oh good :D, shes going back and forth from laying down and whincing at her contractions to walking around like everything is fine lol

I have a feeling this will be an all night thing, or longer, seems slow going 

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
welp, nothing, contractions have stopped, babies have dropped, so much I thought she had actually given birth cos she doesn't look pregnant at all but then I felt and they're still in there kicking around, feel like shes never going to give birth with all this starting and stopping lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will give birth though. Once they drop it will be within 48 hours. It's a multi-step process that we go through along with them! Hang in there and keep us posted. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so today I have been busy building a wardrobe & chest of drawers, the wardrobe has no doors at the moment cos I may have broken it trying to turn it the right way round, got in a temper and decided to leave it until I calmed down, I chucked my clothes back in and the clothes meant to go in the drawers at the bottom for the time being, hence the absolute pigsty, as it was covering Shias nest, now if you look closely at the right side of the cupboard you may just be able to see Shia or her tag at least, she seems to be making a nest, right next to her actual nest!!! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's probably a good idea, or she may ruin some of your clothing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's probably a good idea, or she may ruin some of your clothing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
at least then I might throw some of the stuff away, half of the bottom pile are clothes that no longer fit or I just don't like so wear them for decorating or hair dying or just plain refuse to throw away for god knows what reason, so instead of giving myself space and getting rid I bought a chest of drawers to put them in? whywhywhy, she'd honestly probably be doing me a favour haha  xD

My name is Jade, and I'm a hoarder. 

Last edited:

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
getting a little bit worried now really, shes on her 68th day of pregnancy, everywhere online says that I should take her to the vets if she passes 69 days so she literally has tonight or tomorrow and she doesn't seem like shes going to :/