Meet my two lovely moggies.

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've adopted this sibling pair and I'd like to pick your brains as to best describe them.

They're currently 6-7 months old. They were strays living in a town and taken in by a foster carer when their mother disappeared leaving them alone. I adopted the boy (black) who is incredibly vocal, clingy and got attached to me straight off. I hadn't realised he had a sister so took her in too to keep him company, he was not happy being left alone at all, and because she's lovely.

I know nothing of their parentage but it's funny that he has the exact personality described for Oriental type cats but she has the colour points and blue eyes.

Heh likes shouting, food, shouting, feathers on a stick, shouting, sitting on his smaller sister, shouting and shouting.
She prefers balls, is obsessed with plastic, isn't scared of anything and makes an adorable mew now she's decided to talk to me.

I'll add some more directly.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site. I hope you enjoy your beautiful kittens. They will keep each other entertained during the kitten phase!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, they're training me up a treat.

I've just realised that I didn't ask the question properly. What do breeds do you think went into these two?

Could they have the same father?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are domestic short hairs. The pointed one has some Siamese ancestry, but they could have the same father or they could have the same mother and different fathers - in the same litter.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, they're training me up a treat.

I've just realised that I didn't ask the question properly. What do breeds do you think went into these two?

Could they have the same father?
They could have different fathers.

But I agree with the post above. Rhe one with color points has some Siamese ancestry. She seems to have a head-shape that is a little similar to the modern siamese as well.

They are both beautiful domestuc short haired cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did think she has an unusual face but couldn't quite put my finger on it. She's got the most adorable bump in her nose.

How do you describe her colour? In horses it's piebald. I've always had tabbies and have never really looked this up before.

I love the term rusty for his part that goes brown in the sun. It's only on his body, his head, legs and tail stay black, is that typical?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do you describe her colour? In horses it's piebald. I've always had tabbies and have never really looked this up before.

I love the term rusty for his part that goes brown in the sun. It's only on his body, his head, legs and tail stay black, is that typical?
I think she may be a dilute tortie?

As for the rusty part, that sounds normal to me. Some cats and dogs seem to do this. If not their whole body, just parts.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Color wise she's a tortie point [emoji]128522[/emoji] Could possibly be a dilute because of the cream in her, but it's hard to tell with tortie points because their body will be mainly beige/cream as a base.
Also, definitely Siamese ancestry in her, and her brother could have the same father, but got different genes. For a cat to have pointed features, both parents must be a carrier of the pointed gene, they don't necessarily have to be pointed themselves. So he could have just gotten a different mash up than his sister.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, tortie and point, probably dilute tortie point as seen on the last photo where she isnt that dark.

Both have a somewhat Oriental / siamese looks, so I expect their Ancestor isnt that far back.

Im ready to think they do have the same father and mother, which is also the most common. 

(Orientals and Siameses are very alike, of in part the same genetical material.  Although siameses are more common; BUT solids black quite typical with orientals.  So which Ancestor is essentially just to hoist up a penny...)