Meeko is in the hospital.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so upset right now
- I just left Meeko at the animal hospital. The past couple of days he has thrown up - he is a nervous cat, and I am moving soon, so I have been packing and moving furniture, etc., so I thought this was just upsetting him and that was why he'd thrown up (in the past that has been typical for him). Well, this morning when I left for work, he was fine, and then when I got home this evening, I discovered him lying in the house on his cat tree lethargic and not moving, and four piles of vomit around the apartment, so he had obviously been throwing up all day. I rushed him to the animal hospital and my poor, poor baby is seriously dehydrated from all the throwing up.
They have put him on an IV and given him an injection of something to calm his stomach, and he has to stay at the hospital tonight and all day tomorrow so that they can monitor him.
They are going to do blood work tonight and will have the results tomorrow morning, so that they can see if something major (kidney failure, etc.) is causing this. If the blood work rules out any major diagnoses and he doesn't throw up tomorrow, then I can bring him home tomorrow evening, which is what I am hoping for. If they find something serious in the blood work, or they don't but he throws up more, then he will have to stay at the hospital to be treated and/or to have more tests done.
I am just totally crushed - leaving him there just killed me, as I know he will be scared there overnight all alone (he usually sleeps on my chest), especially when he is not feeling well, and I am so scared that this could be something serious. This couldn't come at a worse time, either, as I am flying out Sunday night to Alberta for two weeks - so I have a very short time to figure out whether he is okay or whether I need to cancel everything. If he does not vomit in the next two days and seems stable, I will be taking him with me so that I can keep a very close eye. If he does, either I am cancelling, or he will need to stay in the hospital for treatment anyway, depending on what they find. I am just so scared for him - if anyone can spare any good vibes Meeko's way that this is just something minor like gastritis and not something serious, and that he's better tomorrow after getting the IV fluids and medication, I would so, so appreciate it.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that... I hope he just has a bug and his blood work turns out ok!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry about Meeko. You must be so scared on top of all the stress of moving !
I am sending TCS vibes your way. I hope that in the morning the vet will report great progress from the IVs and meds he is being treated with

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no! I know you are scared to death for him! Maybe it's just a touch of stomach irritation.
Perhaps he just ate a bad bug?

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending many vibes to Meeko. I know how worried you must be, I hope he's okay and it's nothing serious.

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sending all my thoughts and prayers to Meeko. He is just an adoreable kitty. Hopefully it is nothing serious and is just apprehensive about the move!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kylie, you must just be so incredibly upset tonight. I'm praying for precious Meeko that the interventions being taken will be completely effective and he will feel brand new tomorrow and sending lots of peace your way! Please feel better, little boy!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Meeko...I am praying that you have a fast recovery little one.

Lei

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Meeko is ill
Sending mega healing vibes to Meeko.

taffygirl_2005

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Meeko is okay and my prayers are with him and you. I hope the blood work turns out fine. Taffy and I are crossing our fingers and toes.

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both you and Meeko are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how scary the not knowing can be. Think positive and try to get some rest tonight. Keep us posted.

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe in miracles. My dachshund was a miracle. She was at the vet, full og IV, he brain was inflammed, she didn't even recognize us. We were a day away from putting her down.

Then the next day, she recognized us, and started eating again... and has been home with us since. This was 3 years ago.