meds

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG. I'm on a trial basis with adding zoloft to my usual dose of well butrin. I started out with a half dose of zoloft in addition to my regular - and today was the day that I went to a full dose. NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Should I just go back to a half a dose for tomorrow? Either way I have to call my doctor. My insides were crawling today ALL day and I couldn't sleep, I can barely swallow, it just wasn't good. I don't know if I'll sleep tonight, I took a half a klonopin. This is crazy. I just need to figure out with my doctor what I need and I don't know how much 'experimentation' I should tolerate before I say 'moving on moving on'.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First off you need to consult with your Dr. concerning medication questions.

I'm just wondering (and of course you don't have to answer) why they are putting you on Zoloft and Wellbutrin. Since they both are basically the same medication but in different categories, perhaps your Dr. is seeing if one works better for you. If Wellbutrin isn't working I would wean you off of it while working gradually increasing Zoloft to a dosage that works for you. Again, just my opinion. I hope you get this straightened out and feel better.

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CALL YOUR DOCTOR! He/she should be fully informed as to what medications you are taking and what symptoms you are experiencing!

Good luck!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been on Wellbutrin and hated it with a passion. I am currently on Zoloft. I did have some wacky side effects the first few days and talked to the doctor. They cut me back to half dose for two weeks to let my body adjust. Now I'm up at full dose and am fine. Zoloft takes a little time getting used to it.

If I were you, I'd ask about weaning off the Wellbutrin. Nasty stuff. Same as Prozac. Neither impress me much. Zoloft, from my own experience, and of those around me, is one of the better AD meds out there...

But definitely talk to your doctor ASAP. Let them know. It does taket time for your body to adjust.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm definitely calling him. I saw him last week. We decided to stay level with wellbutrin and try zoloft before coming down wellbutrin.