Medium Bald Patch Under Shoulder And Dandruff

katyfox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone. my lovely Romy had a noticeable increase in dandruff these past 2-3 days.
this morning, I was playing with him and he turned to the left and exposed a bald patch just below his shoulder. There may have been another one on his side, but I couldn't find it again. The skin looks normal. It has little black-brown dots but those are on his other skin so I don't know what they are. They don't seem to be moving. His fur is fairly greasy today because I haven't brushed him yet (he's too old to twist around back there). I am a minor so if vet care is needed, i will try my best to find a date when my parents aren't working. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be fleas or mites. Do you treat him for fleas with something like Frontline every month?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katyfox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be fleas or mites. Do you treat him for fleas with something like Frontline every month?
No, we don't. Where would one get Frontline? Should I ask my parents to take him to the vet or is home treatment better?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a checkup at the vet would be best. They have Frontline at the vet and they could de-worm him if he needs it. You can also buy Frontline at Walmart or online. It's a once a month spot-on treatment that goes on the back of the neck between the shoulder blades where they can't lick it.