Me and My Kitties :)

silberwulf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I would like to introduce myself to everyone here! I am an animal artist (including pet portraits) that has an interest in web design, nature, all animals and am addicted to cats. I couldn't think of what my life would be like without my feline friends. I also have six children, a dog, a rabbit and fish so I am pretty busy!
My cat is a black first cross oriental/burmese sometimes answering to the name Midnite (my husband calls her Chinite and it kind of stuck as well - she also has a few nicknames which are variants of both). She has a hatred of dogs as she had a bad experience with neighbours dogs in the past so it's dogs outside mostly and cats inside. She is not usually approachable by strangers, and also has a mortal fear of vacuum cleaners - even when they are turned off, though she seems to be mellowing out a bit in regards to this of late. She is 7 years old.
My husbands cat is a brown classic tabby named Klaw. She is a moggie and has a friendly, outgoing nature. She loves everyone and is not afraid of much at all though she is not entirely trusting of strangers as she picks and chooses who to interact with.
When my cats want to be fed, they give me the stare and it's not long before I give in. Both are hunters, though they don't get much of a chance to hunt as they are kept indoors but they have caught mice, native mouse-sized marsupials, geckos, spiders and a bat. These were all caught inside! No birds thankfully.
My cats are de-sexed and I strongly believe in compulsary de-sexing ( for non-pedigree cats not in a breeding program) and registration laws. I also believe in keeping cats inside or confined to an outdoor run for their safety and the owners peace of mind. Unfortunately we have a lot of cat haters in Australia, as well as stray dogs, cars, paralysis tick, venomous snakes other cats etc that can cause harm to a wandering cat.
Well that's all about me

http://www.felinewhimsy.com

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME!!!!! You certainly have a wonderful big family. I am so happy you are a cat lover and impressed that you are an animal artist!!! Can you show us any of your work? You will love it here.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Sounds to me like you will fit right in around here.

I'm Kailie and my boyfriend, Dana, and I are owned by the Excellent Eight kitties you can see in my signature. They are the only "children" we need.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
Milky
y Horacio
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina ,Milky & Horatio say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome. I am Ruth, crikey I thought I had a housefull
sounds like you definetely will fit in here, you sound fantastic, I really look forward to chatting to you soon. x

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and your cat family. You will enjoy the cat forums. The folks are very friendly and supportive. They have helped encouraged me in the loss of my two much loved cats. I lost Max in 2005 and more recently, January we lost Speedboat. They helped me so much. Have fun.