Mazie vs matting

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep I ended up getting another cat I’m back at it as shes hauling fluff across my floor anyway her belly and a couple of other places I need to know how to handle it I don’t wanna cut her long fur

Mazie

(Picture added from other thread for a visual of Mazie).

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
You may have to trim that fur, with a set of clippers. She will be more comfortable and it will grow back, and you'll be better able to keep up with it then. You could try grooming it now with a brush but that may be very painful for her.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I let my mom do all that i just do all the brushing and treats

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she has mats that are all the way down to her skin, the best way to deal with them would be clipping or shaving them out. Don't use scissors as it's ridiculously easy to cut them. Do you have any cat groomers in your area that might be able to help?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's wonderful! Would your mom be able to help, maybe to use some cornstarch and work that into the mats which might make them easier to brush/comb out, in the meantime?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m saving money
Make sure to ask the groomers if they will clip mats without bathing, unless you feel she needs a bath. If she doesn't, I would skip it. Most groomers will do things like this, and others only offer "full service".
If you can't find anyone, call your vet. They might be able to have a tech get the mats out fast as well.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If they're far away from the skin and she's careful, she should be fine doing so. :) It's just the ones that are very tight all the way up to the skin, it's impossible to get all the mats that way. Has she gotten some of the tangles out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She tries I do brush her she hates her stomach touched