Maybe Easy Question

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
D1AADD31-D7DD-4C57-88C1-E14316AE843B.jpeg
I have two boys about 17 months. They love each other, play, cuddle and the big one watches out for the little one, but almost too much. Jax my smaller one always wants the attn and when Audie is getting attn Jax will lay on top of him to get attn. Audie always just moves. They are both spoiled, in the fact that I work from home, and they get a lot of love. If I move Jax aside Audie won’t come back, he just goes and lays elsewhere. Does this seem normal to people who have had two cats that got along so well? I am afraid after a while I do you will get tired of it and it will cause problems between the two of them.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is typically a dominate/submissive relationship with cats. Audie is the submissive in this case. If he is not acting strange otherwise toward you or Jax, it is probably not an issue.

But, do find a way to make time for Audie - away from Jax - when you can, just so he knows he is loved equally. I am almost positive it is bothering you more than Audie. Maybe sneak in an extra lovin' with Audie when Jax is asleep or somewhere else in the house?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 277262 I have two boys about 17 months. They love each other, play, cuddle and the big one watches out for the little one, but almost too much. Jax my smaller one always wants the attn and when Audie is getting attn Jax will lay on top of him to get attn. Audie always just moves. They are both spoiled, in the fact that I work from home, and they get a lot of love. If I move Jax aside Audie won’t come back, he just goes and lays elsewhere. Does this seem normal to people who have had two cats that got along so well? I am afraid after a while I do you will get tired of it and it will cause problems between the two of them.
Very normal :wave3:
We have 11 year old litter mates, and they do this stuff all the time. They have gotten into spats and scraps before, but they've never, ever had a full out fight.
Since you work from home, it will be really nice to be able to keep an eye on this and be able to fix any problems, if any, before they become BIG problems.
:hellocomputer:
Two of our girls tolerate the existence of the other but they rarely cuddle and never really interact, and if they do, it's a prune face all the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, the boys aren’t litter mates. Audie was found in the Kuwait desert at 1 month wrapped around 4 black mice. They turned out to be a new born Jax and his sisters. They all came to America and we got the boys. I understand the dominant thing. I guess we are lucky it is 7 lb being dominate not the 13 lb one!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, the boys aren’t litter mates. Audie was found in the Kuwait desert at 1 month wrapped around 4 black mice. They turned out to be a new born Jax and his sisters. They all came to America and we got the boys. I understand the dominant thing. I guess we are lucky it is 7 lb being dominate not the 13 lb one!
I only mentioned litter mates because these guys have been together since day one and like to disagree but they're still very good friends :hellocomputer:
Never underestimate the little ones, our 7 pounder is a little force!
They sound like lucky little ones to have found you to care for them :wave3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
3BE0410E-FDD1-42C3-8BE6-6685F0BD4D70.jpeg
If Audie let’s you pick him up, do it and take him off for a cuddle or walk around with him. Something my cats have always loved is being carried around the house to see and smell the up high things they don’t otherwise get to check out.
Yes Audie loves to be picked up. I think he feels more secure with my husband as his arms are much bigger!