Max! Biscuit Maker Extraordinaire!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My Lily, who crossed the Bridge last November, was a champ at the “bomb.” I used to call her the Gas Giant (she was a hefty girl.) When I adopted Mocha from the shelter, it took awhile for her system to adjust. Since she was a small cat, I called her the Gas Molecule. :lol:

Perhaps Max’s problem will dissipate as his system adjusts. He’s adorable, smelly or not. :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Many years ago, I had a remarkable cat named Primus. He, also, was a master of the silent-but-deadly. I got home from a trip to the store one day to find my ex and my sons sitting in the front yard. I asked what had happened, and my ex told me, "Primus was asleep on the sofa, and his little butt fluttered open, and a fart fell out and DETONATED in the room! The whole house stinks!" And it did. Mostly because those idiots didn't think to open any of the windows when they ran for air.

We never managed to find a food that corrected the issue, but Primus was worth the occasional donning of gas masks. Just his purr alone was worth it. LOL, that's how he got his name...his big bass purr was always taking the lead part.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
We never managed to find a food that corrected the issue, but Primus was worth the occasional donning of gas masks. Just his purr alone was worth it. LOL, that's how he got his name...his big bass purr was always taking the lead part.
Primus sounds like he was great company! Smelly times aside. <3 I'm glad he got to live a comfy, purr filled time with you!

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maple had a stubborn diarrhea problem when I adopted her and her farts could kill a houseplant. Thankfully, things are better now.

Aniki used to be a big eater. When he pooped, it smelled so bad I'll bet it showed up on the weather radar. I used to say it was the price I paid for him being so cute. He really was the cutest cat I ever had.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad Maple's tummy troubles cleared up with time! Super cute name for her btw. :,) And yes, the stinkiest furbabies really seem to know how to dial up the charm to make up for it.

Max had diarrhea for the past couple days, maybe from the revolution drop clearing things out or food transition (or both), but it looks to be firming back up today! Switched his litter from Tidy Cats to Arm&Hammer Odor Blast yesterday and it seems to coat his stinky poos a lot better to make walking in my room less pungent. Still sour but doesn't bring a tear to my eye.

He's only farted on me twice since I got home from work today despite multiple cuddle and play sessions, very proud of his restraint. <3

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Hits like one, doesn't it?? :0

I caved and got rid of the little flip lid pail that I've had so long that its origins are unknown, replaced it with the Litter Genie I've avoided buying for over a decade, and wow. Woooow. My room is 1000% less smelly, I might as well have been piling kitten poo bags on my floor for all the smell control I had up til now. Who knew? Hung a Little Tree freshener on the highest knob of my dresser and I'm downright vibing in here.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
My son finally got to his first vet appointment yesterday! Everyone gave him cuddles and he was the goodest boy, only a couple wiggles and not a single scratch for anyone. Seemed completely unbothered but curious about the strange surroundings. He only squeaked in protest when having his blood drawn but forgave it in exchange for a few extra licks of baby food they had on hand for bribery.

They aged him at around 14-15 weeks based on his teeth but initially thought he was older based on his size (my child was already a little big for his age when I brought him home but a few weeks of quality kibble reeeeally got him going). He's already 7 pounds and they're betting he'll be a 15 pounder when he's grown. We'll see!

All I know is I already had to replace his big corner litterbox, same model that fit my old girl fine, with something roomier because he wants to stomp all over with those clumsy long legs of his.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise

11lb child keeps demolishing his catnip toys, rolling around in the powdery mess on the rug, and coming to me brush it outta his fur and wipe the bit that gets in his eyes. Then he takes a series of naps because being a goofy little dork is exhausting work.​

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
In actual news- Max finally had an extended play date with my housemate's kitten (technically an uncle since Max came from a daughter of the same cat who later had Dom)! Max is a month plus younger than Dommy but is considerably larger and more relaxed, he had a lot of siblings to learn patience from, so he took his new pal's fiesty play style in stride and knew when to flop vs hiss for relief.

They've been playing with each other paw-to-paw and sharing toys through the excessive gap at the bottom of my door for a long while and had some short visits on and off. Now that Max is thoroughly pest free, vaccinated, diarrhea free, and recovered from his neuter, I let Dom come in my room for a couple hours. My door was open but Max declined exploring outside the room this time. They chased, played tag in his crinkle tunnel, and bapped each other's rumps endlessly from various levels of the cat tree with no mishaps, so I'm happy to say that their Official Introduction is a success. Yay!

Housemate's elderly grump cat wandered in briefly when he saw the open door and, aside from his usual grumbles and a couple hisses, Baby chose to find a windowsill and stared ominously for a bit before leaving. As usual, he's content with being left alone and was probably relieved that the kittens were occupying themselves without his input. Dom's had no one else to pounce for months and Baby's arthritis finally gets a break today.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise

Still my good sweet child! Poos solid, farts sparce, and kisses plentiful. He judges me for trying to take stealth bean photos, but I'm forever proud of him for keeping his white socks clean all by himself now that he's a big boy.

Cuddling and lap times require full limb extension so he can stretch his long self without accidentally flopping away.

(try to ignore the massive clutter, I'm in retail worker chaos mode atm)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mamie used to do the deadliest stinks ever. Like, squirts that meant I had to change my clothes and wash my hair. I used to call them blarts. Looking back I wonder if it was her anal glands rather than farts. She only did it when she was happy and relaxed on my lap!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
…Mostly because those idiots didn't think to open any of the windows when they ran for air…
When hit with a thermonuclear fart, DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. DO NOT PAUSE TO COLLECT WALLET, KEYS OR OPEN WINDOWS. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.

Men suffer exposure to MOAGs (Mother Of All Gutbombs) on almost a daily basis. We know the risk of succumbing to the noxious fumes and dying (or worse) is great. When the balloon goes up, there’s no time for opening windows or other “heroic” actions.

If there is an audible warning to accompany the release of gas, or if the offender calls out “I just farted”, do not pause to sniff the air. Assume an extinction level event has just occurred. Do not wait to determine if the offender is exaggerating or lying. Evacuate immediately.

If there is no audible warning, evacuate upon catching the faintest whiff. Do not second guess your nose. Do not take a second whiff to verify an event has occurred. Do not pause to determine if you can “Ride Out” the event. Do not waste time asking if anyone just farted or attempting to uncover the true culprit.

Never attempt to rate an event. There is no glory, or anything manly, bragging about the “worst fart” ever smelled, even if it’s lie. Only shame, knowing you did not act in the critical moment. The scars are permanent. The PTS is real.

Your ex and boys did the wise and prudent thing.

Last edited: