Mauri: gum removal and new name

mfena0720

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's a Kitchen Aid brand, and they have lots of different fun colors. I got the basic one that has 2 speeds and comes with just a blending cup (like the picture below). It was the cheapest one. They have others that have more speeds and more accessories. I like it better than the Magic Bullet, which I used to have but it broke after a while, plus I notice this blender is faster. I think I got mine at Target, I can't remember. It was like $35.

Emm

charlotte payne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My local pet store says they can no longer get the Koha exotics for cats, which have been wonderful for my IBD kitty. (This is as of November 2016). I can't ask on their web site because there is an error message on the contact form. Anyone know anything? In particular, the New Zealand venison entree worked very well. Thanks!

jonb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  Hello, I am new and know this thread is a little aged now. Found this place googling Mauri cat food and I been to their new site but haven't found what I am looking for.

I would like some info on Mauri super premium cat food New Zealand Hoki Entree (Hoki Fish). Discount store has about a ton of it in 6 oz cans for .30 best by Apr 2018 expiration. Before buying a bunch of it for 6 cats that cost me a good percentage of my income I was checking to see if it had any quality issues, recalls etc. since the store sells buy outs some times they get stuff with quality issues. Does have the 3 gums mentioned earlier, most or all the other same ingredients I saw mentioned in previous post except the main course is the Hoki fish which I know nothing about concerning a cats nutrition.

In a nutshell do you folks think this food would be safe to supplement my 6 cats regular diet with or would there be risks ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a really good price! I would think that if there had been a recall or any problems, there would have been a notice somewhere on the internet, I would bet someone on this site has a link for you to use, Keep posting once in a while at this post, it is very early in the morning here and most posters aren't on yet. You might get a few cans at first and make sure your cats would eat it, cheap is still expensive if you have to throw it out. I don't have that problem with all the outside cats I have around. If you want to start your own, new thread, you'll see a pale blue rectangle at the bottom and the top at the left hand side of the posts that says Start  New Thread, click on that and you can start your very own! Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for!

jonb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

That's a really good price! I would think that if there had been a recall or any problems, there would have been a notice somewhere on the internet, I would bet someone on this site has a link for you to use, Keep posting once in a while at this post, it is very early in the morning here and most posters aren't on yet. You might get a few cans at first and make sure your cats would eat it, cheap is still expensive if you have to throw it out. I don't have that problem with all the outside cats I have around. If you want to start your own, new thread, you'll see a pale blue rectangle at the bottom and the top at the left hand side of the posts that says Start  New Thread, click on that and you can start your very own! Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for!
  Thank you !

jonb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, been there, still can't find the word on the Hoki Entree.

james kelly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
KOHA has BPA in the can liner...I emailed the company twice and they confirmed that it does...just to be sure

mysterylover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would comment on this BPA. I wish they could do something about the BPA. One of my four cats developed constipation when a canned food I had been feeding for a year changed their formula slightly. Funny, another of my cats developed diarrhea when I got an old formula can from a different store once he got used to the new formula. Sigh! I think there is a chance all three of my cats would like some of the Koha flavors, but having had a cat who had hyperthyroidism along with renal failure, I worry if cans with BPA might contribute if fed regularly. Maybe I will email or see if they have an option to comment on Facebook and hope they listen. Another food I looked at was Redbarn, since my cats seem to do better on limited ingredients and agar agar rather than guar gum or the other gums. I think I read where they also have BPA. If anyone hears that Koha or Redbarn are changing to BPA-free, please post. My one cat cannot tolerate many foods (every one with gums has caused diarrhea, often with a tiny bite when doing a trial), but I think I would always worry about hyperthyroidism if I fed one regularly with BPA in the liner. Of course, I recently read that those who don't use BPA use other chemicals in the liner.