Matilda

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Many torties DON'T have white, and MOST torties have very little white.  But the differentiation is really about how defined the areas of color are.  Since "tortie" is short for "tortoiseshell," and that is a mingling of black and orange, that makes sense.  And may be where people get confused, as a tortoiseshell does NOT have white, but it is the overall pattern that is the basis for the term.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Matilda's kittens are now three weeks old and zooming around like crazy! They have started to try and put everything in their mouths so today I mixed up some KMR and baby food. They didn't figure out how to lick it out of the pan, but boy did they love licking it off their paws and each other's paws!
Lavender practically took a bath in it [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Matilda giving Bruce a lesson on how to be a proper kitten and eat right.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cute pictures! They will be eating it in no time flat if you continue offering it. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll be amazed at how fast they pick it up.  OH...btw, thanks for that one shot that included that adorable little ringed tail!  I am a sucker for kitten tails.  An addict.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You'll be amazed at how fast they pick it up.  OH...btw, thanks for that one shot that included that adorable little ringed tail!  I am a sucker for kitten tails.  An addict.
That's why I posted it! lol I knew someone on here loved tails. I'm totally in love with their little feet! Oh they are so perfect! Call me crazy but they all smell so sweet too! I could just sniff them all day long! [emoji]10084[/emoji]
I'll have to go through the houndeds of pictures and upload the ones with the precious little tails for you.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I posted it! lol I knew someone on here loved tails. I'm totally in love with their little feet! Oh they are so perfect! Call me crazy but they all smell so sweet too! I could just sniff them all day long! [emoji]10084[/emoji]
I'll have to go through the houndeds of pictures and upload the ones with the precious little tails for you.
I AM ADDICTED TO THE SMELL OF KITTENS! I come home from work and scoop them up and breath in the back of their tiny fuzzy necks. I think all babies have a sweet smell. I LOVE IT. lol

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I told my mom to smell them because they smell so sweet and she thought I was crazy! A few days before Matilda gave birth she started to smell sweet to. Could it be her milk that is giving off such and amazing smell? Lol
Owen the foster kitten smells slightly like the rest and he nurses about half of what he eats throughout the day the rest is KMR.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For those of you addicted to snorting kittens, have I mentioned the sweetest spot is right behind their precious ears?  

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never seen/smelled newborn kittens, but newborn babies smell amazing, so I'm sure kittens do too. I always thought it was the amniotic fluid that made babies smell so good - maybe it is for kittens too?

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never seen/smelled newborn kittens, but newborn babies smell amazing, so I'm sure kittens do too. I always thought it was the amniotic fluid that made babies smell so good - maybe it is for kittens too?
I'm not sure if thats why. [emoji]129300[/emoji] I thought when everyone was born the fluid and placenta smelled different. Not as sweet and precious as this little guys smell now. Lol

Last edited:

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Help, Owen is driving me crazy!! The poor little guy just screams his head off! I've feed him all he'll eat tried to make him go potty everything. The only thing that makes him hush is if I hold him on my chest and scratch his ears. This is cute an all until I need to go to sleep! What do I do?

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, he has always stayed with them. He has never really liked to be handled at all besides feeding time. But tonight he only wants to be on me, I was think about just setting up the heating pad on my bed tonight and going back to feeding every two hours. Unless you think he can go back with the others and scream it out?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, with you may be best tonight. Maybe he's teething. He must need special attention. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So would every 4 hours be okay to feed or should I do 2 hours?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Split the difference and do 3 hours. He'll probably let you know anyway! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy lets just say we didn't get much sleep last night. Fed him every 3 hours and then it took him about an hour to calm back down. Then he was screaming for the next meal. Around 4pm Matilda jumped up grabbed him and took him back to the nest and he didn't say a word until I woke up for the day. lol I'm not sure what that was all about but I figured it gives me practice for my real bottle kittens in the future!

Matilda's kittens are getting so big it's making me a little sad, time is flying by with these guys! They now all run to the edge of their play pen when someone opens the door so they can be picked up and snuggled. I'll have to upload pictures of Trunchbull chowing down on the KMR & baby food meal I made for them last night.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...whatever is was, it isn't anymore, and Matilda seems to now have things well in hand...paw.   Who knows?  They are as varied as human babies, and you just do the best you can at the time!   Yes, good practice for having an entire litter wanting to be fed every two hours!