Manual Grinder Reccs and advice?

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm slowly transitioning Roman to raw food by grinding some chicken hearts into his already existing wet food. He was apprehensive but he started to eat it because I sat next to him and pet him while he ate. Before grinding, I tried to chop it up and he didn't eat it like that. I remember someone recommending a Weston 10 manual grinder but what do I do for the bone content? Correct me if I'm wrong but since I'm not ready for a high end grinder, most/all people said to not grind bone in this. Also what's easier for prepping bone meat? Necks? Wings?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What counts as a high end grinder to you?
Vitamix, and the "cheapest" electric grinder recc on catinfo.org was like $200-250
I'm just getting started so I didn't want to blow all my money until Roman 100% eats this

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder,
also, how do i store the food he doesn't finish? i put it back in the freezer again then took it back out and put warm water - but he threw up. oops.... should i just put it in the fridge next time?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
also, how do i store the food he doesn't finish? i put it back in the freezer again then took it back out and put warm water - but he threw up. oops.... should i just put it in the fridge next time?
You can put about 2-3 days worth of food in the fridge. Whatever he can't finish within that timeframe should be frozen. I use mason jars.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is it normal for throwing up when they first transition though?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No...that might be because it was too cold since you took it out of the freezer. I put very warm water into their foods from the fridge.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I half boiled the water - I didn't fully boil it though. Weird.