Mammogram

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom always called it "The Boob Smasher" and complained that it was stinky cause you can't wear deodorant so all the women in the waiting room are sitting around getting nervous and smelly...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

My mom always called it "The Boob Smasher" and complained that it was stinky cause you can't wear deodorant so all the women in the waiting room are sitting around getting nervous and smelly...
That's sooooo reasuring, thanks......At least it's at 9am, so they shouldn't be too smelly.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a good friend who just went through breast cancer last year. I think the discomfort of the mammogram is worth it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I have a good friend who just went through breast cancer last year. I think the discomfort of the mammogram is worth it.
I agree. My mom is now a 2 year survivor of breast cancer.

ps...depending on where you go? I go to an actual breast center, they give you tea or coffee, heated robes, I've never noticed any smells...just a lot of tense women!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since this is your first one, it is very possible that you will be called back to take more pictures, and possibly an ultrasound. Do not panic if this happens! I had my baseline a few years ago and had to have all of the above. They don't have anything to compare the pictures to, so they usually do a real thorough job.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one done last year(yea I am a bit young for one, but I *thought* I felt a lump so I was being safe) anyhoo, they didnt find anything(thank goodness) but to me it wasnt all that uncomftorable. Like others have said, it all depends on the machine operator.
Best of luck!!