Mammary glands slightly swollen

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I just spayed my one year old cat about 3weeks ago(while on heat) and everything went well. Now im noticing that one of ger nipples is slightly blue and has a tiny bulge under it, like an inflammation. Could this be due to her licking constanly and hence having a bacterial infection? Or maybe due to the spaying? I just really hope she doesn't have a mammary gland tumour..

Thankyou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I just spayed my one year old cat about 3weeks ago(while on heat) and everything went well. Now im noticing that one of ger nipples is slightly blue and has a tiny bulge under it, like an inflammation. Could this be due to her licking constanly and hence having a bacterial infection? Or maybe due to the spaying? I just really hope she doesn't have a mammary gland tumour..

Thankyou
Aleo, she doesn't have any discharge and I dont think shes in pain. She is veryy active and playful as usual. Her and my male (neutered) cat are always sleeping or running around the house. She is eating normally, and purrs and meows for attention as usual.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you contact your Vet about this? I would think you could simply call them and ask if they think it could be related.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update for anyone who would be having these same problems in the future like I did:
Her nips/mammary glands seem to be getting smaller back to their usual shape. Might have been simply something to do bith her hormones or perhaps a slight infection