Mama cat moved her kittens to a place that can become very hot during the day?

Catman334

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in tropical country where the summer can get very hot (around 36 C). Mama cat moved her kitten to upstair when it can get very hot during the day. And we only get six hours of electricity everyday so I can't add fan or anything in that place. I want to know if I should just let mama cat move the kittens to that place and whether kittens will survive on that condition. Thanks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Mama cats tend to move their kittens around if they are concerned about their safety. So, see what might have been worrisome to her in the place they were before, and if you can correct the problem, then do so. Kittens can do well with a lot of heat. Is the sun shining directly on them, and if so, can you make some sort of canopy to block the direct sunlight?

How old are these kittens? Are they eating and drinking well, mama cat included? Are they gaining weight properly?

You can try to set up some different places that might be a bit cooler and see if she will use them, but short of confining her and the kittens to a specific area, she will move them at will. You just need to monitor her and the kittens to make sure they are doing well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catman334

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Thank you for the reply. I think Mama cat moved her kittens because the previous place was pretty exposed to humans. I guess she doesn't like humans bothering her and her kittens. The kittens are four days old. Although there are no direct sun in the new place, the room is not well ventilated. I guess that's why it's hot there. I am just worry the kittens, if they can do well in that room. I will be monitoring the kittens.