Mama Cat Getting Spayed In 1 Day.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, I have a mom cat who is getting spayed on Thursday. I would like to know the after care for her. She spends most of her time outdoors only comes in sometimes. I could not keep her in a small room since she will freak out and start jumping everywhere. How many days do I have to keep her indoors? I will not be home on Saturday from 7:00am to 9:00pm. But will keep her indoors at this time to be more safe. Would a e collar be necessary? Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet tells me that a spayed adult cat should be monitored for about 2 weeks, just to give you an idea. I’m sure your vet will go over postoperative care with you.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet tells me that a spayed adult cat should be monitored for about 2 weeks, just to give you an idea. I’m sure your vet will go over postoperative care with you.
Thank you so much for replying!

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How did everything go?
I reschedule the last appointment to today. She had her surgery today. She has not touched her food or water it's been 8 hours since the surgery. She has been sleeping most of time and also has been trying to go outside.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Did the vet say it would take that long, even for water? Can you use your finger to scoop a little food and tempt her?

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! Did the vet say it would take that long, even for water? Can you use your finger to scoop a little food and tempt her?
The vet just told me I could give her a little of food and normal amount of water. I tried to put treats next to her nose but she didn't seem interested. She looks a little drowsy from the anesthesia but the vet said she would be back to normal tomorrow. Which I really hope so. Should I try to use a syringe to give her water?

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone there is a female cat in my backyard she seems about 9 years old. She's been there for 1 month and I would like to spay her but I'm scared that she is unhealthy. She also won't allow me to go near her. Is there a way I can take her to the vet? Thank you!