Malware

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone picked up any malware or viruses from the game section of this website? I recently have gotten malware and I think it may have come when playing Patience Delux. Anyone have similar experience?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't play the games, so I can't help you there. But have you PM'ed any of the admins about this?

What browser to you use, btw?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have only played one game, Pyramid Solitare. I won't be going there anymore until I hear more about this problem.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The games were all supplied by a reliable 3rd party, and that was several years ago. Since nothing had been changed, I really don't think the malware could have originated on the games section? I just tried Patience Deluxe, and no warning comes up on my computer.

MNJULZ, can you please let us know what makes you think you picked it up here on TCS? Malware can originate from downloading anything and everything - but it's actually quite rare to pick it up without clicking links - whether on emails or pages.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible to hide scripts in pop ups and some ads. It's one reason why everyone should use a browser that's configured to block that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't mean to "scare" anyone into not playing the games. That was not the intent. I could have picked up malware from who knows where. This is not the only site I play games on. I would just rather ask and be safe than sorry. I will contact administration. Ii also run my internet through my phone with PDA.Net. I wonder if something could have come through that way. Its something totally new to me.