Male Cat Not Eating Wet Food

Calyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to the forums and had a question about my Male cat Loki.

He is one of six cats I have and we have them all set on regular feeding schedules with dry food in the morning and wet food at night. We separate them to give the slower eaters time to eat.

Loki has refused to eat his food the last few nights and even refusing treats after a couple to see if he'll eat at all. We have tried putting it in different bowls and plates and still he wont eat. He hasn't lost any weight but I'm concerned he may have something wrong.

Any suggestions as to why he's refusing to eat when the other five have no issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can, but I wanted to see if he would be fine and is just acting weird for a day or so before spending money on tests.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When in doubt vet it out. Waiting can waste precious time. Cats are great at hiding when something is wrong and by the time you notice it can be pretty far along. I'd make an appointment.

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it just wet food? If he's still eating kibble, then it's possible it's just preferential, but if he's completely off food or usually is really excited about wet food and suddenly isn't then a drop into the vet is probably the best option.

Calyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is still eating his kibble but not his full portion in the morning.

We went to the vet last night and he is running a fever and we got some antibiotics for him. However, we have to go back in a couple days to do blood work if he doesnt start improving.

Calyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He also has been eating this same wet food for mo this and has had no issues prior to the last few days with eating it. He usually licks his bowl clean.

Calyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He still hasn't been eating his dinner. He ate some food this morning. We are taking him in later to get bloodwork and make sure we can find out what a wrong.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully just a bug, like we all get occasionally, and he will be fine in the next day or so! Sending good vibes that he is all better soon!:vibes: