Male cat licking down there

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A couple weeks ago I went to pet my 2.5 year old male cat while he was grooming himself and noticed that his penis was sticking out, I’ve never noticed this before with him but I’ve also never had a male cat before him. I noticed it again today, I feel dumb asking but is this a normal thing male cats do? Or does it suggest something more is going on?? On a side note he was throwing up yesterday and then once again 12 hours ago and has been fine since. He’s still eating and drinking fine, I have tried to make note of if he’s using the litter box normally but we have 2 cats and I haven’t seen who did what in there yet today. Just curious if maybe these are related and insinuate something more going on? Or it grooming down there is normal like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would watch it and possibly make a preventative appointment with the vet to make sure that nothing is going on that could be a problem.
That’s what I figured! I just had never seen him do it before and then along with the throwing up thought I’d ask! Thanks for the reply!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would watch it and possibly make a preventative appointment with the vet to make sure that nothing is going on that could be a problem.
Their yearly check up is coming up so he’ll be going there soon! I’ll definitely keep an eye on it and if anything changes or becomes excessive I’ll get him in sooner. Thanks for the reply!