Male Cat had Urinary Blockage

savedbycat9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a urinary blockage and I took him to the vet and he was blocked. They did an x-ray and then did a surgical procedure. He then stayed at our vet for 3 days. On the last day they removed the catheter and he peed before leaving the vet. Today, about 2 days after he left the vet he is still straining when he pees. I have only noticed a little bit of pee coming out. Is this normal? When will his pee level normalize? What can I do to help him not get blocked again?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Have you had a chance to talk to your vet at all these past couple days? I've read other threads where it does seem to take a while before the irritation from the catheter goes down and things get back to more normal.

Are you feeding him canned food? Does he have extra water bowls, and maybe even a pet water fountain?

Here is a thread that has some information;
What's considered "normal" after a urinary block?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savedbycat9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have not talked to the vet I just got home from work and noticed it. I am feeding him canned food, and the medicated dry food for cats that have blockages. He does have extra water bowls. Thank you for the response. I am worried about my Winky.