Male Cat Closed Eye?

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Harley is puzzling me right now. He got no goopy eye nor is his eye red but twice now he had trouble opening it. It seems to be after he wakes up and he usually works it open after a while. He not effected by it much he might stumble or be wearry until he gets it open. He wont really let me get to closer to check it when its closed. He seems to blink a lot lately so im wondering if allergies could cause him to get sleep in his eye are something.

(If he doesn't seem to be able to open it or i see goop or reddness i'll take him to the vet. I'm just looking for ideas)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - you will want to talk to your vet in any case, goopiness or not, this sounds like it needs to be looked at by your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He do for his shots so he will be going in time. I have to get ally some antibiotics for her wheezing so ill be asking the vet about Harley boy eye. I need him to calm down a bit before attempting to crate him. He a good boy but because we took the girls to be fixed everyone a bit shaken up its been a couple of stressful days. So he allowing petting but you move to closer he runs. No this isn't odd behavior for him he a sensitive boy and their schedule out of wack.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like he's got a hair or piece of fuzz in it, just enough to irritate his eye a bit. We know how it feels to have an eyelash or hair in our eyes, they feel the same but can't dig it out. If it waters plenty it will eventually wash out.

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are all sheding and he such a lover to the 6 who allow him to be so it suprise me if he got hair in his eye. Talia is anti social if not with me and he tries to rub on her but it doesn't end well for Harley

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love it lol he gets all the head and ear rubbing he wants but he diff not a lap cat. I have four lap cats one petting only 2 if you can catch them or have goodies you can hold for a minute or two and one only talk to me cat we are working on allowing some handling

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're truly an amazing cat mama, for sure :)
Thank you i do try but i at times feel im not the best mama but they get food water and all the loving they could want if they so choose