Male cat biting and dragging me

catlover098

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my Male cat is 8 months old and he's already done this twice and it just weird hes like biting really hard on my arm, or sleeve , or whatever he can bite down on and he just holds whatever he's biting in his mouth and when I move a meow lets out that kinda sounds aggressive or distressed and he like gets mad or something and sometimes he'll like try to drag me????

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This can definitely be a hormonal behavior if he isn't neutered ( believe me you want a male cat neutered ... they will spray, and can be kind of unpleasant ... ). Kittens play bite their mom and siblings and ideally they have been taught at a young age not to bite too hard when playing - usually one kitten bites down, the other yelps and hisses and stops playing or ... mom pins them down as a firm " no " ... cats that did not grow up with other cats or were taken from their sibling very young often don't learn the etiquette . Kittens between 5 months and 1.5 years are in their worst teenage stage and can be crazy ... attacking legs, and clawing their way up to shoulders, bites, and just overall crazy behavior ... When your cat touches you with claws or teeth ... hiss and growl at him , and walk away ... There is another type of bite which would be more of a soft nibble that is a sign of love but cats know the difference and it is often initiated by first licking and then softly nibbling and it doesn't quite sound like your boy has intentions to woe you with a bite and drag ;-).

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds more like a mating situation to me, he needs to be neutered. If he already is, it is behavioral and a loud yelp and ignoring him for a while would help. Or taking him by the skin on the back of his neck, pinning him to the ground, and telling him no. it really sounds hormonal....

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone on here can probably help you find a low cost clinic if money is an issue.

He needs to be neutered asap or the behaviors will continue to worsen.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
my Male cat is 8 months old and he's already done this twice and it just weird hes like biting really hard on my arm, or sleeve , or whatever he can bite down on and he just holds whatever he's biting in his mouth and when I move a meow lets out that kinda sounds aggressive or distressed and he like gets mad or something and sometimes he'll like try to drag me????
When he is biting and holding, try with blewing air into his face and nose. They usually lets go.

Observe, if he doesnt draw blood, whatever he means, its NOT with the purpose to hurt you.
When a cat bites for real, there is no doubt its for real; they have sharp teeth and tremendous force if they want to hurt someone.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s mating behavior and some cats continue to do it even after neutering out of insecurity. Neutering may take care of it. Just make sure if he does it again to gently move him away from you rather than acting sternly towards him because if he is doing it out of insecurity it will make the situation worse.