Making Kibble More Palatable

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

My cat with food allergies (we think it's chicken) is currently on Royal Canin Hypoallergenic (hydrolyzed protein). He doesn't seem to like it although it is working; he stopped excessively scratching and licking. Some days he eats better than others (which is still not enough) while some days he just eats few kibble pieces. He's almost always following me around waiting for me to give him something else. I want to switch him to a LID eventually but is there a way to increase the food's palatability or entice him to eat more so that I could finish the bag? Thanks!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you mix the dry with some LID, you could start off with a small amount of LID and increase over time. It may work with mixing wet and dry, that's what I do to increase the wet food for my cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you mix the dry with some LID, you could start off with a small amount of LID and increase over time. It may work with mixing wet and dry, that's what I do to increase the wet food for my cat.
I had tried mixing food before, but he just ate around the bits he didn't want to eat lol. Does adding salmon oil or a wet treat/paste that has no chicken work?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The wet treat/paste may work. A lot of members use the jars of baby food, stage 2 and that seems to work well . Just make sure it's got no additives such as salt etc, just pure meat.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The wet treat/paste may work. A lot of members use the jars of baby food, stage 2 and that seems to work well . Just make sure it's got no additives such as salt etc, just pure meat.
Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can return the partial bag of Royal Canin to the vet or wherever you bought it. If you don't get a cash refund you'll get a credit for a future purchase. Just say your cat decided to that the food was yucky and will no longer eat it.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can return the partial bag of Royal Canin to the vet or wherever you bought it. If you don't get a cash refund you'll get a credit for a future purchase. Just say your cat decided to that the food was yucky and will no longer eat it.
I will contact the vet concerning this issue.