Makes me shiver but does anyone believe the 2012 theory that the World will end?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did hear on the news that the preacher who predicted the end of the world on two separate dates last year has admitted God probably won't tell people when it's going to happen.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No, it won't, IMHO.  It's the Mayan calendar thing, as discussed here.  Every once in awhile, some group or person predicts the end of the world that year, as I seem to remember in my lifetime so far. Here's a Wikipedia link to back me up, and put your mind at ease:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

If you can get a DVD of Penn & Teller's B.S. (can also be found under the spelled-out profanity), they devote a segment to the Mayan thing/end of the world. I agreed with them before I even watched it. It's Season 7, episode 4.

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I did hear on the news that the preacher who predicted the end of the world on two separate dates last year has admitted God probably won't tell people when it's going to happen.
Harold Camping? I heard that he admits he didn't know when he predicted it. In other words, made it up (obviously to us, of cource, since we're still here, but you get what I mean!).

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't personally believe that the world going to end at the end of this year.    The Mayan calender wasn't predicting the apocalypse it was predicting the beginning of a new age for the Mayan people.  The whole End of Days theory was just a bunch of crazy people twisting the translation to fit their need to cause panic. Lol I believe more in the theory is that its predicting when the aliens are going to return than I do the theory of it being the End of Days.