Maine coon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
more info
freddie is a Maine coon that is 10 or 11 years old. Got him as a present from a breeder after our other cats died of a heart disease I think it was this is a picture of Freddie. Do u think he look like a Maine coon I do
6F7B44D4-6401-4226-BC3F-2C54E3A4E8A5.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would help to see a body shot, especially of his tail. Maine Coons have blocky muzzles and huge ears. Freddie has the ear tips, that is for sure. Unless a cat is registered and has papers they are always known as 'domestic', so Freddie would be known as a DLH or domestic long hair. He is gorgeous!

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DSC_1313.JPG

Best body shot I could get of him. For a Maine coon I would say he is quite small atleast compared to my other Maine coon

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My other cat is called rocky. Hot him from a breeder. He is quite large but he is a Maine coon. He is 5 years old
DSC_1271.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous! Look at those feet! He does have a Muzzle thst is blocky too.If he was used for breeding he is a Maine Coon. You could have some DNA testing. I think it might be cheaper now. Did you get to see any others that were there?

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got rocky after a couple who was going to buy him and take him abroad and use him as a breeding cat decided not to get him. His litter consisted of grey and white Maine coons I think his mum was grey and his dad was the same colours as him so he was definitely different than his littee. So my family got him as he was the last one left. He is the sweetest little angel who loves hugs. Freddie is more timid but can't purr he makes a kind of puff noise but he can be super cuddly when he wants
DSC_1729.JPG

My two cats together. We can all tell how is bigger lol

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also I think Rocky's dad one alot of awards. Only probelm all most all of the other cats in his litter have joint probelms like arthriti. His brother actually has hydro therapy. Luckily so far he hasn't developed any problems

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also I think Rocky's dad one alot of awards. Only probelm all most all of the other cats in his litter have joint probelms like arthriti. His brother actually has hydro therapy. Luckily so far he hasn't developed any problems
Very suspicious for poor breeding.

Based on the photos I'd say both more than likely are Maine Coons but not high quality. To my eyes Freddie has a better appearance. Not so sure about Rocky though. Hard to tell in that photo.

Can you post a photo of both of their faces from the front?

Regardless, if you don't have the paperwork both would be considered domestic long hair cats. I'm usually very cautious about saying "yes they are" to most cats posted here saying they think they have a Maine Coon but in this instance, I do think so but probably not well bred (again, so many sick kittens in one litter is a huge tell)

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very possible or at least a mix. Very stunning babies!!