Maine Coon Question

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not really hard to get a Maine Coon. They are a fairly popular breed. However, it does take some work to find a reputable breeder you are comfortable buying a kitten from

kwonghow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well is lucky that in most western country you can get lots of breeder of Maine Coon... I only have less then 4 breeder in my country.... welll but i think i am lucky to find one with a very good bloodline

gene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree that we are lucky to have access to so many different breeds.

My Maine Coon is so cool I can't believe it. She is worth all of the time I spend with her and am glad she spends time with me.
I feel that whether or not they have a good bloodline, they are worth it.

I have added a male tabby to my apartment and he and my Maine Coon get along very well.

Good luck with your efforts.

Regards,

Gene

kwonghow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gene

I agree that we are lucky to have access to so many different breeds.

My Maine Coon is so cool I can't believe it. She is worth all of the time I spend with her and am glad she spends time with me.
I feel that whether or not they have a good bloodline, they are worth it.

I have added a male tabby to my apartment and he and my Maine Coon get along very well.

Good luck with your efforts.

Regards,

Gene
Do you have a pic of your MC?? i would love to see it...

gene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I can figure out how to do the attachment, I will put a picture of both cats. However, I don't use this very often and it is late. As soon as I can find the directions I will send a picture. Probably tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your letter.

Gene

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a lot of Maine Coon breeders here in NZ. At a lot of shows the public make comments like "What are the domestic cats doing in with the pedigrees?" (MC's are normally near the Persians) I'm not a big fan of them myself, but they are becoming more popular here in NZ

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MCC's are pretty laid back but can "work". They are talkative but not as much as a Siamese. They are smart and you need to comb them several times a week to keep from matting. Their coat is more waterproof and if you give a bath it takes longer to wash and dry.

They can grow to large cats - average 15 lbs. You also need a heavy duty sturdy tree house for them - anything else will fall over

Check on Petfinder.com for main coons - lots of MCC lookalikes looking for homes.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

We don't have a lot of Maine Coon breeders here in NZ. At a lot of shows the public make comments like "What are the domestic cats doing in with the pedigrees?" (MC's are normally near the Persians) I'm not a big fan of them myself, but they are becoming more popular here in NZ
That's interesting, maybe the quality of the Maine Coon's in N.Z. is not up to par since there aren't many breeders. You wouldn't hear that comment from very many spectators at shows in the states. M.C.'s are very popular at the shows here and clearly in a different league than the domestics and they win plenty of top titles.