Maine Coon Mix?

triciarich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My son has a cat that followed him home in September 2013.  At that time I guessed his age around 4 or 5 months. Picture below.

So if he was 4 or 5 months in September 2013, he is now 1 year and 8 months.  We think he is part Maine Coon.

He currently weighs in at 20 pounds and is approximately 14 inches tall at the shoulder.  

His paws are huge with tufts of fur that come up between his back toes.

Current pictures below.

With my daughter's cat

His face in my hand.

My adult daughter holding all three cats.

Caboose 20 pounds, Snoopy 2 years, 7 or 8 pounds.  Cookie 12.5 years, 6 pounds.

With my daughter's cat

Taking up a full cushion on a 7 foot sofa

That's my queen size pillow behind him.

He sleeps with me almost every night (along with my cat and my daughter's cat).

He's not a lap cat but loves to play with the other cats and loves to go outside and play in the snow.

He's a huffer.  He huffs, snorts and growls when playing with a wand toy.  And he can jump amazingly high.

As with all cats, he loves the laser light and also chases after shadows.

His meow is very small.  Like a kitten.  Kind of funny coming from such a big cat.

The other two cats meow louder than him.

My daughter's cat is below and she got her at a shelter.  She is around 2 years old.  Has a huge mane at the front of her neck and a very bushy tail.  Her mane (these are older pictures and her mane has grown alot) is so long it gets in her mouth when she's cleaning herself.

Her nose is a straight profile.  She is very vocal and loves to go outside.  Her eyes are an amazing yellow/amber.

So what do you things these cats are?  Is he possibly a maine coon mix?  And is she possibly a Norwegian Forest Cat mix?

Patty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

triciarich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to mention their names.

My son's cat is Caboose.

My daughter's cat is Snoopy.

My cat is Cookie.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not easy with mixes. But the biggie tabby may very well have some MCO in him.  The ancestor not far ago.  Norwegians and Siberians are also big, but the MCO is more common in North America, so the likelihood is much greater for MCO descendancy.

But let us also be honest, part of the nice tummy is not only great ancestors, in some part it is an excellent appetite!     :)

The blue one reminds me of an Nebelung, him too with a good and healthy appetite.   So to speak.   (my two residents are Russian blue, and they are supposed to be gracile and slender.  Well the father is, still into his teenages, but the son, he has such an excellent appetite as your. Or even better...  But as long as he manage to jump upp three foot up to his eating place, be it ).

The third is a black and white, you can surely call her  Cookie  for tuxedo.

Good luck!  @TriciaRich