Maine Coon.? At Least Part.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I could believe some Maine Coon influence. She has a pretty close face shape, as well as the lynx tips. This would be impossible to prove for sure, short of a DNA test, so she'd be called a tortie and white Domestic Longhair. She's very beautiful! What's her name?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally I would have said yes. But, I just recently found out that Siberian was a breed of cat and not just dog.

Beautiful whatever she is. Love her calico coloring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ajyerak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for you're replies. Her name is fluff usually, but her name as far as the vet is concerned is halo kitty.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Normally I would have said yes. But, I just recently found out that Siberian was a breed of cat and not just dog.

Beautiful whatever she is. Love her calico coloring.
Yeah, I was debating between calico and tortie. I zoomed into her side, where it looks like she has some mottling (not the big splotches of a calico), but then again she does have some of the big, red patches on her stomach especially. I went with tortie because I thought calicos don't have any mottling at all. Just the big splotches of color. We'll see, some other posters might be able to clarify for us.

I'd lean more toward Maine Coon influence than Siberian on this one, because Siberians have a little rounder head.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was debating between calico and tortie. I zoomed into her side, where it looks like she has some mottling (not the big splotches of a calico), but then again she does have some of the big, red patches on her stomach especially. I went with tortie because I thought calicos don't have any mottling at all. Just the big splotches of color. We'll see, some other posters might be able to clarify for us.

I'd lean more toward Maine Coon influence than Siberian on this one, because Siberians have a little rounder head.
You are most likely absolutely correct with all you've said. I admit I know nothing about breeds (except the Mau) and coloring of cats. To me, she's calico, but that is old school way of thinking.