Main Coon

the joker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was trying to save up for a main coon but a friend of mine took in a stray that happened to be pregnant and she had them. I couldn't say no lol we had to put our cat down and it hasn't been the same since.. this kitten is the biggest of the litter and I am just curious do you think it is part Maine Coon? I have tried to look up other breeds of cats and it's the only one he seems to look like.. what are you all thinking he might be?

dixielandcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No this kitten does not have any Maine Coon in him. He's just a beautiful Domestic medium haired tabby[emoji]128522[/emoji]
Maine Coon kittens are very large and long haired. It's very rare to find a Maine Coon mix.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like said above he's a domestic medium hair/long hair (it's hard to tell at this age) and his coloration is a classic tabby.
Maine coons often come in this coloration, but you would know if he had any Maine coon in him because it probably would have been planned. An Uhoh breeding out in the streets rarely, if ever, is with a purebred cat. If he is very large in adulthood you can possibly say he's a lookalike but we won't know till he's older.

sunoersea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little one is definitely not a Maine Coon. I believe, like the previous posters said, he is a domestic medium hair. Maine Coons have a square profile for a muzzle (your kitten's is sloped, which isn't a bad thing, just not breed standard), the tip of the tail reaches the back of the shoulder blades, ear tufts, rectangular conformation, and they grow much larger than the average cat. Coons are the Great Danes of the cat world and are extremely hard to come by in a stray/non-pedigreed situation.

However, your kitten may exhibit Maine Coon traits as the Maine Coon is a naturally occurring breed, which means that many cats in the general population emulate some of these characteristics.

Regardless, you have a beautiful kitten! Congrats! 

Best wishes with your new addition,

Beth