Made this a seperate post to get more responses....

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it possible he's going and you're just not seeing it every time? Are you finding matted hair down by the bottom which could be from going while he's asleep? I was worried because I wasn't seeing actual poops and when I took the kitten to the vet he said the stool sample he got was just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azreal mccray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it looks like hes sweaty when he wakes up but that would be if he went pee not poop id see that stuck but i havent picked up the blanket to see but i doubt hes gone i dont know what to do.

kittnldy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just pm'ed you...but here it is anyway.

The times Spike has went by himself, it was hidden under his blankie, don't ask me how, but you might wanna take a peak. Also....correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's going #1 on his blankie, I would change it each time, I know Spike likes to lick his blankie, and I've read that urine is not something a kitten should be ingesting.

Back to pooping...

Not to get gross, but you need to rub his tummy all the way down to the base of his tail, and around his opening, in circular motions. The vet showed me, and I wish I could actually show you. But your going to have to be persistent and continue for more than a couple of min. Believe me, when my vet did it to Spike, he SCREAMED, but eventually pooped. The 1st time I did it to Spike it took an hour for me to get him to poop, and yes, he wailed the whole time, but now he poops every other day like clockwork.

Please check out http://www.safehavenforcats.com/newborn.htm

REALLY good site...so good my vet told me to search for "safe haven for cats" on the internet (I already knew who she was referring to, thanks to everyone at TCS)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone here is giving some excellent advice!
I hope you can get kitty to go poo, and if not he really should be seen by a vet! That is not good for him to not be able to go. Please keep us posted on what happens with the 'lil guy.