Maddie's new arrivals!! - Pics included!!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, here they are!! We have 4 all different little ones, one white van, not sure of his color yet. He will be either blue or brown mackeral tabby. Too early to tell yet. Then we had a blue/white girl, then a lighter black and white male who has these odd spots that make him look like he has lizzard markings...very interesting and nothing I've seen before. Then the last one born was a black and white girl who I started calling Cow Kitty. She is a cutie!!!

These pics were taken by hubby and are the first ones, so they're not wonderful, but they give you an idea what we now are blessed with. Let's hope for the best with bottle feeding over the next 22hrs or so. Oreo will not feed them, she hisses at them and growls. I guess I'm on my own on this one LOL. I've already done it before, so its not a big deal. I've given them their first feeding, and will await the next. I will be sleep deprived for the next little bit, but I can survive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
cococat, Oreo is my other Devon who has the older babies. She is 25% sphynx. They are 5 weeks. Maddie is one of my full sphynx breeders. She and daddy are both Champions. I am up now till 2am, the babies' next feeding. Gonna read on my kindle and on the net until then.

Thanks you guys on the congrats. I am very pleased with them right now. A little concerned about the two smallest with their weights, but it's all up to me to ensure they gain sufficiently even after they go back to real nursing. All of them are very voracious with the KMR, and have no problems feeding. I am going to supplement them for a whilke until I am happy with their weight and progress.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute pics - the one with weird markings - hope he winds up showable, that would be an interesting cat to put in the ring!
If you keep him, call him Geico after the lizard on the commercials

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan,
Try putting a dab of vanilla on Oreos nose and on the kittens.
Some of the sphynx breeders said they had to do that to get the other queen to nurse the kittens.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SQUEE!!!!!
If they are not the cutest things I have ever seen. I adore the little ones and these are just too much.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just an update on the babies. They are 30 mins away from the 24hr mark and will go back to Maddie for real nursing. I will be supplementing them every 4 hours just to be on the safe side with the weight gain.

These babies are much stronger than our Zippy was, so I'm expecting them all to do just fine. They go to the vet on Friday to have a check up, and for the vet to make sure that Maddie is fine, which I am sure she is. There is no oozing of blood, minor or major.

The babies are so strong, I can't believe it. Their weights though, had concerned me, and I will be weighing them again shortly to see how they've done over the last 24 hrs of me feeding them. I'm not expecting any weight loss. They each drank 5mls each feeding. I gave them as much as they wanted until I knew their appetites were quenched.

I will take more pics when I can see properly!! LOL. I am so sleep deprived, but I did finally eat a little pizza hubby picked up.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GK, we name all of the kittens when they have shown some personality. I named the mostly pink boy Simon, for Simon Cowell. He was so loud, I just thought that he reminded me of him. LOL. I think Simon is a cute name too, never used it before either

I think the spots on him would be a really interesting look, but I am sure they don't take that really into consideration when at a show. At any rate, there are no plans for anything at the moment, just ensuring their viability is my main concern. You can kinda see the spots in the last pic I posted. I will definitely post more in the coming days.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weighed kitties and they've each gained 20g or more each. This is after they've been on Maddie for 24 hrs, so I believe they're on the right road. My smallest was 100g, so that pleases me. He is the littlest little guy with more fire than I've seen in a while LOL

We go to the vet today, hubby is going to come along so he can drive while I make sure all is ok with the babies and mom in the same carrier. Maddie gets carsick, so I need to watch carefully. Monday when I took her in, I got into a fender bender after she was puking cuz I was looking at her. No damage to my van though, so all is good.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just another update! The babies are doing exceptionally well. Our littlest guy, Simon, has doubled his weight as of yesterday now at 140g. The rest are also gaining very very well.

Our leopard looking boy opened one eye yesteday and this morning I awoke to both little peepers staring at me when I held him. I'm so excited. They're only 5 days old today, so this is fun for me. The first two litters in this house had their eyes open at 2 days, so waiting the 7 days or so for Oreo's babies was excruciating LOL

I am so happy and thrilled. I will be posting more pics later today....stay tuned!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How on earth did I miss this thread when it was first posted?? They are just gorgeous, congratulations to you, I can't wait to see how they grow. I hope Oreos babies are doing well too. xx

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ruthy, you may have missed it because Oreo's stuff is all in the pregnancy forum. I put Maddie in the Breeder's forum, just because of the blood incompatibilty issue. This site is invaluable to me as I have learned a lot from other breeders here. I love hearing what people have to say about my kittens, get their opinions etc.

Like I said, I'll be posting more pics. I have some on my camera, but I want better ones to show off

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jacky, like I said in fb, I will do some more thinking on names.

More pics to come this evening. Hubby and I are going up to try to get some cute individual shots of them and then I'll post them.