Lynx Siamese ? Or What Is My Kitty

Cmeloccaro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got this kitten and after many google searches I’m just not feeling like he’s Siamese although his adoption papers from the shelter claim he is, they took him as a stray at 3 days old and was bottle fed to health until I got him. What are your thoughts on his breed?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is a nice lookalike to a chocolate point old style Siamese. Without a DNA test, ancestry is impossible to prove, so he'd be called a Domestic Shorthair. He's very cute!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cutie! Since he's so dark in the body at this age he'll probably be very dark when he matures. He won't have the high contrast that's desirable in show cats. I wouldn't call him lynx point; his points appear to be solid chocolate.

All pointed cats are descended from the original Siamese. So calling him a Siamese mix wouldn't be inaccurate. But that may have been many generations back, no way to know. Although chocolate is a fairly rare color in moggies so the Siamese heritage might be more recent.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Agree with Willowy, there is Siamese somewhere and likely not too distant.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks Balinese (long-haired Siamese) to me...could be result of a cross between Siamese and a long-haired housecat though! Very very cute :)