Lumpy Right Side On Kitten

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all! I just picked up my new kitten a few hours ago now. She is about 3 months old, we think. We have decided to call her Astrid Skye, Azza or Azzi for short.
Anyway, as I was stroking Azza, I noticed on her right side, not her left, she has a lump, almost feels like bloat, I don't feel an actual growth or anything. It is not directly on her side, it seems to go more towards the inside underbelly, but doesn't quite go all the way down. Again, it is only on her right side, right past her ribs. I just gave her a dose of fish tapes and my boyfriend is out getting a syringe for the Pyrantel in case it is worms.
She eats very well, almost too well, and produced a bowel movement right as she got in, which looked very normal to me. She did not struggle with it either. Her water intake is normal as well. There does not seem to be any trauma in the area whatsoever. She is constantly purring and wanting attention and is very playful. She walks normal and doesn't act like it hurts her when I feel around her right side. She is not overweight by any means, really she is underweight (in my opinion.) The reason I am asking you guys before I take her to the vet is because our vet is closed until tomorrow. I was just wondering if this seems like an emergency where I should rush her into a clinic or if it can wait until tomorrow. Thank you for any advice or input! Hopefully someone has experienced this same thing and can help ease my mind a bit.
IMG_20170716_123715_773.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I keep feeling, it does seem to be her entire belly area, very bloated. Just the right side seems quite a bit more lumpy, I guess. Is it safe to assume worms? Is it normal for the bloat to be more bulbous on one side?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get her?

Is it possible that she is older than 3 months? And pregnant?

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Someone where my boyfriend works found her outside and couldn't keep her so we took her in.
She still has kitten teeth, so I don't believe so.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: The person who found her told us she was a girl, I decided to check for myself, and I am pretty sure we have a little boy. Now he is being called Atlas "Azzi/Azza" Skye instead of Astrid. No biggie.
Anyway, he has had another bowel movement, also very healthy looking. His bloat seems to be going down far more than it was earlier. Perhaps the wormers and the fact he has gone potty a couple times is starting to help things move along. I'll keep updating nonetheless on his official gender from the vet and everything else.

Ragdollbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my kittens has a lumpy belly too! The lumps feel like firm, short tube-like blobs and gradually move around (from the right side over to the left)... And then after my kitten poops, they go away for awhile!! So I think I may actually be feeling stool inside his intestines. Whenever I try to show anyone else (vet or my family), the lumps are gone :p

Do you think you might just be feeling your kittens' poo? Has anyone else heard of this?