Lumps Developing on Underbelly & Primordial Pouch

kitkat1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

Our female cat who we are now almost positive is pregnant (27 days post date of suspected mating) has developed a couple of strange lumps on her underbelly. When I first noticed them, I thought it was maybe matted fur, but she wouldn't let me brush or touch her underbelly anyway to work it out, so I let it be... but I have noticed in the last couple of days they have increased in size and are definitely not matted fur but some sort of mass under the skin.

My first thought was maybe something hormonal with the mammary glands, but there's even one inside of her primordial pouch.

Reading online, I see so many things it could be but I keep noticing people mention "if your cat is not pregnant, it could be xyz," but nothing clarifying what it would be if she is pregnant?

Is this something to be very worried about/rush to vet over, or is there a less alarming possibility related to pregnancy?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old is your cat? Is this her first pregnancy?

The lumps, along with the fact they are getting larger, are very concerning. It could be mammary cancer and the pregnancy hormones may be stimulating growth. I think it’s very important that you get your cat evaluated by a vet right away.

Please do keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkat1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old is your cat? Is this her first pregnancy?

The lumps, along with the fact they are getting larger, are very concerning. It could be mammary cancer and the pregnancy hormones may be stimulating growth. I think it’s very important that you get your cat evaluated by a vet right away.

Please do keep us posted.
She is about 9 months old. Yes it is her first pregnancy, she's not pedigreed or anything so it wasn't a "planned" pregnancy, she managed to get out one day while in heat before her scheduled spay date, so we rescheduled it for after the kittens would be weaned. I've reached out to a local vet requesting an appointment for this week... I will update as we have more information :nervous:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah unless you are goood at palpitating and feel the foetus grow, this is alarming.