Lump

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
while playing with my 5 month old kitten I noticed something odd. On inspection it was a flesh colored lump . Very small like the size of a marker tip. I’m going to take him to vet after work but that’s hours away. I’m afraid my baby could have a tumor. But he is so young. Any thoughts on what else it could be?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is it like, and where it is? Is it soft and pliable under the skin, or hard? All these things might help in trying to determine anything. Also, has he had any injections lately?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a skin tag-- nothing to worry about, but a Vet visit will relieve your mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is it like, and where it is? Is it soft and pliable under the skin, or hard? All these things might help in trying to determine anything. Also, has he had any injections lately?
When I touched it last night it was a little hard but overall pliable. Located 4 inches under armpit. I tried to take a picture but he wouldn’t hold still and I had to hold fur away to even see it. Picture attached only one I could get but it barely shows up. Once hair is moved I can see it with eye easily

Attachments

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's definitely not a nipple?
I can’t say it’s defiantly not. To be honest I forgot boys have nipples. But yea didn’t see match on other side. I’m at work now maybe I’ll check again before taking him to vet

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, it looks like a nipple to me. Keep looking - He should have eight of them.
You guys were right. Nipples. He just has a really big one on his left. I feel dumb for assuming tumor. Thanks for your help and support