Lump on cat's head...

teddyandpaige

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

We took our 4 year old cat to have a lump removed yesterday that was on the side of her face, and we're waiting for the results to come back from tests they're running on it. It wasn't filled with fluid, so they didn't think it was a cyst. However, it was not sticking to any tissue below and we could easily move it around, and it didn't seem to bother her at all (other than the fact that we were touching her face... she's a little bit of a brat!). The vet seems optimistic since it was not connected to any tissue, but also said that it was a little harder than they thought it was.

I guess what I'm asking here is if anyone has come across this before. We're very concerned and anxious for the results to come back, which could be about a week. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? She's been a perfectly healthy cat without any previous issues, and we take her to the vet for regular check-ups.

Thanks so much!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best for me not to try and outguess the vet on this one. However, from what you described it could just be some fatty tissue. It being hard is a bit puzzling since it was not connected to any other tissue. Please post an update when you get results. Sure do hope all is well with kitty.