Lump on cat’s eyebrow

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! We cannot diagnose, but I do think that you have time to make an appointment with the vet to have this checked and I don't see this an an emergency where you would need to take him to the ER. I can't tell from the pic exactly....is this soft or hard? Do you sense that it is filled with something like pus or is it solid? It is not open, oozy, or bleeding, all of which are good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marium.k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! We cannot diagnose, but I do think that you have time to make an appointment with the vet to have this checked and I don't see this an an emergency where you would need to take him to the ER. I can't tell from the pic exactly....is this soft or hard? Do you sense that it is filled with something like pus or is it solid? It is not open, oozy, or bleeding, all of which are good.
Hello thank you so much for the reply. i found a vet that was willing to take a look. It is a bit soft but not very and the vet put a syringe in it and took a sample. He said it looks like an inflamed follicle and gave an anti microbial ointment but said to keep an eye on it in case it gets hard or worse, in which case he’ll have to surgically remove it.
I realize i made this post in a state of panic and shouldn’t have hoped for a diagnosis. Your reply does mean a lot

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I realize i made this post in a state of panic and shouldn’t have hoped for a diagnosis. Your reply does mean a lot
Another warm welcome. :wave3: No worries about feeling panicked, we've all been there. I was going to say I agree with fionasmom fionasmom but glad you were able to see a vet for peace of mind. Fingers crossed the ointment helps.:crossfingers: