Lump On Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agirlnamedkylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went last year and they said he was fine. They found it was not filled with anything it is just this mass. So no answers from the vet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll admit, the fact that it's growing makes me nervous.
Am I understanding that they didn't find any fluid under his skin either? Did they biopsy his skin or test the mass for cancerous cells?

Would you have access to a different vet?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Furballsmom. Find a different vet and ask for a biopsy of the mass.
That probably will not be inexpensive. I have never read about anything like this on TCS.

Please keep us updated!

Last edited:

Agirlnamedkylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They put a syringe in it and nothing came out. But im.pretty sure they did not go into his neck skin. It gets to about the size I pictured then it falls off. I'll attach a picture of his next as well. My area has the worst vets. He is very food sensitive and his stool is always very soft. The vet said its most likely a gluten allergy. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I will definitely keep.everyone posted. The cats name is Berlioz and he is 4 And he has had it at least 18 months.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Berlioz, baby!
What an odd thing.
Have you tried different foods?

Have you tried a little plain pumpkin?

Agirlnamedkylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was on a grain free diet but since adding 2 new cat additions it got to be too expensive and it really wasn't doing much for him anyway. It was hard to keep everyone out of each others food and they would not eat if they were separated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe try the plain Pumpkin. It might help his system, and shouldn't cause issues for the others-just watch that their poop doesn't change or get too hard.

I don't have any ideas about that growth. The only thing that crossed my mind is that maybe he was injured, and the skin cells are now damaged there...

Agirlnamedkylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He does go outside. That's what I was thinking but I will keep you updated! Thank you for caring about my baby!