Lump In Top Lip

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am of course going to take her to the vet but Audrey has developed a strange lump under her nose. I would say swelling but it’s more solid.
She has had issues with kitty acne in the past. But this looks nothing like it, she is about 13 years old and only indoors. Any ideas?

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks almost like an abscess of some sort, although I could easily be mistaken. Let us know what the vet says!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I will I am taking her to see the Vet today, it has gotten slightly larger I am hoping its a cyst or granuloma, she is a relatively healthy cat so this is very out of sorts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fleas!! The mystery lump is an allergic reaction to fleas. The vet says if this is how she reacts we haven’t had them long and the house isn’t infested they combed Audrey head to toe even between the pads on her feet and only found 2. We are treating her and Jasper as a precaution. Audrey has not been outside since she was 8 weeks old so it has to have been transferred from a living creature to her.
This now explains the red marks my grandmother has on her skin. I took a flea comb to get cat and it was infested. And the fleas have been biting my grandmother! Her cat is the next to go to the vet for now flea collar for granny’s cat and I begin the fumigation after the cat goes to the vet, what a friggin mess but everything is adding up

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my dear! I so know what that is! This is my thread from when Hekitty got an infestation...AAAARGGGGGGGGGGGG....it's FLEAS!!!!!!!. Hekitty went to the vet for the initial de-fleaing, I bombed the house thoroughly to get rid of the initial infestation (make sure the bomb states that it kills larvae and eggs), then ordered Precore 2000 from Amazon to keep the house treated on a regular basis as a preventative measure. Hek never goes outside, but fleas are little hitchhikers and will come in on pants legs, etc, if you have walked where they are! I had no clue...she was scratching a bit, but I couldn't find any fleas on her, and I NEVER ONCE GOT BITTEN! My neighbor came over and was eaten alive, that's how I found out (BLUSH).