Lump after spay

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We found out what the lump was with Princess Zorro

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-20 at 15.43.03.jpeg

The weird thing was, her intestines couldn't be pushed back, so it felt like a mass. I pushed it back once, which is why my suspicion was hernia. They managed to put it all back and hopefully she'll recover properly. In 25 years of practice this had never happened to my vet and now back to back 2 cats with complications.

Please send lots of healing vibes for my princess and hopefully I can bring her home Sunday when I go for in for another antibiotics shot for Vicky

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my. Did this happen directly because of the spay? That's scary!! I hope she makes full recovery, and she's in my thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Almost immediately. We think she may have overstretched or something climbing around. As soon as she was a little bit awake, she insisted on climbing on the chair. I think she also used the climbing wall.

I've never had this happen either, it was always my nightmare but then outside the body.....gruesome...ish

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is horrifying. I really hope the fix takes and she can go back to being a wild kitten. Crazy that your vet has suddenly seen it twice, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well twice with complications. On Monday Vicky had chewed through 2 layers of sutures, basically opening it up and a bit of flesh stuck out, they operated on her right away at 2200. I have pictures but I don't know if people will get queasy.